Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Entertainment and Education

We want to entertain our audience- but also educate. We want our audience to walk away from our show inspired to take action and help someone with a disability in a positive way. Even if that means having more respect for them, or not starring at their differences. In this wave of thinking-NOTE TO EVERYONE: Focus for Act 1 &2 If you interact with Helen Keller- She was treated as Sub-human. Goal is to have the audience feel as though they want to jump up on stage and steal Helen away from her incentive family life. Take the direction I have already given you- only add this goal as a sub text.



!!!Wed 6pm-9pm Set construction volunteers needed!!!!



Thursday April 15th 2010 MAIN STAGE at 7pm: Running Act 1 (becca repeats to her self” I will not stop to give a note… I will not stop to give a note”)- roughing through running Act 2 Called All Characters in Act 1 & 2



***We are an ensemble so everyone needs to attend rehearsal. The commitment was made clear to you since auditions. Everyone provided the production staff with a conflict schedule- I understand life is what happens while you are busy making plans, but be considerate to your fellow actors that rely on your cue line- your acting. Call ahead and state why you can not attend. If you will miss too many rehearsals that were not made clear to the production staff ahead of time there are other actors willing and able to take your part***

Don't make me say it EVER AGAIN "Quiet in the Wings"



Ladies and Gentlemen: I am VERY PROUD! Remember that I am already very happy with our Show. The next two weeks I am going to “tweak” the show. I will pay attention to little details. I am an Actor’s director- giving background, “motivation”, reasons, actions. But I know what I want to see so please understand I am going to get louder- I am NOT screaming at you. I am NOT mad at you at any time, I am just pulling quality work out of everyone from our littlest blind child, to our dog to Helen Keller. I was a fun loving, joke telling, director- but now is crunch time and so pacing will be quicker, requests will be more abrupt, just always know that I am PROUD and HAPPY with everyone’s effort.



As always-Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment